Fwd: [CBQ] Re: Wide Loads

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Re: Wide Loads
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:34:52 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
GT iwas the station code symbol for Galesburg. I often refer to stations by
these codes as thats how we did it on the RR to abbreviate things(car chalk
marks,etc). Please refer to any Q timetable to see these designations for many
stations that had operators. The car that were are discussing would move to
Galesburg and then up the Pea Vine via Barstow and Denrock to Savanna(SV) and
then
north (west) on the La Crosse division.

The history of the Mendota-Denrock branch would be in the 3 volume 1929 Q
corporate sponsored line histories. I once had a chance to read these but the
owner wouldn't part with them. I keep checking ebay.
Someday.

Hope this helps.

Leo