Re: [CBQ] Re: North Coast Limited Dome cars leased to IC?

To: <CBQ@YahooGroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: North Coast Limited Dome cars leased to IC?
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:06:26 +1300
Cc: <kurt@acrylicfab.com>
Jeff

You are correct - Zephyr #47 The answer to Question 03-06 contains photos
including CB&Q #304, and the text is as follows -

    NP/Q dome sleepers were leased by the IC for "Panama Limited" and "City
of Miami" Winter service beginning in the Fall of 1959.  The first year
(1959-60) 3 cars were leased.  The cars were repainted into IC colors for
the Winter and upon return got their NP colors back.  This practice
continued during the early sixties.  Also during this period the IC leased
11 bedroom cars to the NP during the Summer months for the surge in traffic.
CB&Q #304 is shown in Panama colors after being returned to the Q and
awaiting NP paint.  The City of Miami's every other day counter part the
South Wind also received dome sleepers, but retained the NP colors during
the lease period.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ

P.S. A full index of the Zephyr Questions & Answers is on the BRHS web site
(awaiting its fate)