Re: [CBQ] No more "Burlington" -- Railroad subsidiary officially BNSF

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] No more "Burlington" -- Railroad subsidiary officially BNSF
From: Llarryo1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:10:56 EST

In a message dated 1/25/2005 8:24:07 AM Central Standard Time,
cbqrr@earthlink.net writes:

Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp. said Monday  that it will change the name
of its railroad subsidiary to BNSF Railway,  removing Burlington from the name
that has been a part of the company for  almost 150 years.

I had hoped, way deep in my heart, that the name of the subsidiary might
have been changed back to the Burlington Route, and with so many paint schemes
currently in use that maybe the "Redbird" would be brought back and become
dominant.

Oh well!  I can always model my dreams!!

Larry Owen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM