[CBQ] Life-Like to fix problems with GP9 paint

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Life-Like to fix problems with GP9 paint
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:16:48 -0600
Cc: orders@lifelikeproducts.com
Thanks to several people (especially Nolan, Dave Lotz, John Lee and Ray
Bedard), Life-Like has notified me that they are currently looking into
how to resolve the paint problem with their latest CB&Q GP9's.

Life-Like has sent me two emails this morning. The first from Robin said:

"Thank you for your interest in our trains. I have talked with the
research department about your inquiry and they reported back that we're
looking into making replacements to correct the problem.  No further
information available at this time.

Please check our website for any further information."

A second response this morning from Customer Service said:

"The response regarding repainting the doors was something to consider
because we only have undecorated cabs at this time, and because it is
difficult at best to separate the cab from the short and long hood
without damaging something.
We are looking into remaking the entire body with the corrected stripe
pattern as replacements, but it is too early at this time to give any
particulars.
More information will follow as available."

This is good news for all us CB&Q fans and gives an indication on
Life-Like's will to make good on fixing the problem.

You can be sure once I hear more, I will pass it on to the list.

Bill

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM