Wearing Steamers

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Wearing Steamers
From: "Floiran" <florian@v...>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:33:17 +0100
Hi All,

I recieved my copy of MR yesterday and immediately started to read the
article about the "Stony Creec and Western". And I was shocked to read:

"After wearing out 20 or so brass locomotives, I deciedt it was time to
change".

OK. What amount of running has to take place to wear out a loco that costs
hundtets of dollars and requires maybe dozens of hours of work. And what
does Gil Freitag mean with "wearing out"? Well, the gear box can be easily
replaced, as well as the brass bearings but how about the wheels? How can
one avoid worn out wheels and how many miles might a model take until that
happens? Any experience?
Please help!

A very scared Florian G.