Slogans On Composite 2 Bay Hoppers?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Slogans On Composite 2 Bay Hoppers?
From: "bill_og" <haywarb@b...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:21:16 -0000
I have read the BRHS's Freight Car Data Sheet on the "55 Ton War
Emergency Hoppers". These are the 2-bay coal hoppers made of wood
and steel during WWII.

These hoppers were originally painted mineral red with the scripted
slogans on the sides. If I read the article correctly, I have the
impression that some had the "Everywhere West" (EW) slogan on both
sides, while others had the EW slogan on one side and the "Way of the
Zephyrs" (WOTZ) slogan on the other side. Is this correct?

Did any of the composite hoppers have the WOTZ slogan on both sides?

Did any BR/CB&Q freight cars with slogans have the WOTZ slogan on
both sides?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Bill H.