Re: [BRHSlist] freight version kitchen car information sought

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] freight version kitchen car information sought
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:54:44 EST
In a message dated 2/13/02 11:22:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
slyone@i... writes:

> Also, I understand a few of these cars (freight version) had enlarged
> baggage doors. If anyone has information, dimensions, road #'s, photos,
> etc. on that modification I would be all ears. Thanks in advance for any
> and all help.

Lyle,

I don't know where you are located but in downtown Griffith Indiana at the
crossing of the EJ&E and the GT (now CN) they have a train museum. At the
muesum there is an old "J" Troop Sleeper. It still has the original trucks
although the sides have been modified, the ends are still original. I know
it's a Troop Sleeper, but the ends are the same as the Kitchen Car.

Loren Johnson