Re: [BRHSlist] Trackage Rights

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Trackage Rights
From: Steven Holding <hold-on@s...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:33:21 -0600
Ken
The Milw Rd ran a thru train from I think Janesville Wis. South which often
meet the Northbound at Davis Jct, Flag Center, or Rochelle This along with a
switch eng stationed at Rochelle often with two Q switch jobs also working.
The CTC was run by the operator at Rochelle.
You had the NYC coming north from NYC Jct to Zearing often running over the
top of the Mainline and down into the West Siding then back thru the CTC
wyeing the engine into the East Pass and Yard to go back south.
The Rock Island run a turn to a coal mine south of the Mainline in La
Fayette from Colona to Orion Jct on the Peavine
CNW would run south from E Winona to North Lacrosse.
Milw would run SW-1's in herds getting on the LaCrosse Div at Trevino and
running to East Winona and the over to Winona
And of course the Wabash running Albia to Des Moines. Often a meet would be
made at Knoxville using the old Wabash Main as a siding and it was so far
from the Q mainline the trains had trouble eyeballing each other
There was also several on the St. Joe Div but it has been too long ago to
remember
sjh