Re: [CBQ] Twin City Zephyr Speed Limits

To: "cbq@groups.io" <cbq@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Twin City Zephyr Speed Limits
From: "Ed Rethwisch via groups.io" <edreth1=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 00:54:03 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I do know that the E-5s had an electric speedometer manufactured by General Electric and no speed recorder.
That is the main reason the E-5s were used on trains like the Morning and Afternoon Zephyrs with a scheduled speed
of 90 mph just in case you fell down on your schedule like leaving Aurora two or three minutes late (strictly by accident)
and then tried to make that time up on a 90 mph scheduled train is almost impossible in 108 miles from Aurora to Savanna IL.
A certain family member did this ones or twice and mentioned the E-5s will put the speedometer needle on the back side
of the pin PS, the pin is on the 120 mph mark.
The "Q" knew the E-5s didn't have a speed recorder but expected the train at the station at the scheduled time and never asked
any questions.

Edward K Rethwisch,
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62871) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_