Re: [CBQ] Twin City Zephyr speed limits and LaCrosse street running

To: "CBQ@groups.io Group Moderators" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Twin City Zephyr speed limits and LaCrosse street running
From: "Patrick Egan" <padraice38@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:48:38 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
There were 3 versions (editions) of the Twin Zephyrs. The first were two, three car articulated trains, the second were 2, six, later seven car articulated trains with separate locomotives, and the third consisted of 2 trains of separate cars and locomotives which varied in consists over the years, but always had dome cars. There was a Burlington Bulletin on the second edition. I don't know about the others. I attended a high school in Prairie du Chien, where one of the priests described the second edition as very fast, passing the school, which was a mile south of downtown Prairie, where the train stopped.
Pat Egan