Re: [CBQ] Fan Trip Not in Database?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Fan Trip Not in Database?
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:28:11 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bryan,

I created and maintain the database, but haven’t updated it recently. I saw
that flyer several days ago and have added it to my master file. Information
about the Choo Choo specials has been very difficult to obtain, primarily
because they were very localized. If you didn’t live in the area where the trip
was being run, you would have no way of seeing the flyer or know about that
specific trip. The information that I have obtained has been piecemeal over the
years. Besides the flyers, each division that was involved in the Choo Choo
Special program, issued a letter to involved employees concerning the times and
dates of each on the division.

If there is anyone who has flyers or other information about the Choo Choo
Specials that is not already in the database, I would appreciate receiving
scans of the information to further update the master file. The Choo Choo
Specials started about March, 1962 and continued on an irregular basis in to
1964. They were primarily aimed at young children in an effort to introduce
them to the railroad industry and more importantly, the CB&Q and its relation
to each community.

The original database was originally posted as a message to the old CBQ Yahoo
Group some years ago. I will try to update the fantrip database in the next day
or two.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO