[CBQ] Southeast Iowa Depot Tour

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Southeast Iowa Depot Tour
From: "Ken Vandevoort" <countrydepottrains@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 18:37:52 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The Dover Museum (New London, Iowa) and the Eldon Depot Museum (Eldon, Iowa) have been working together to come up with an event we are going to call Southeast Iowa Depot Tour, which is similar to barn tours conducted in the state except this one is for railroad depots.  The event will take place on Saturday, October 2 and Sunday, October 3.  Many of these depots are not open on a regular basis.

So far, the following depots are on the tour:

Pilot Grove (CB&Q) - Dover Museum, New London
Eldon (CRI&P)
Douds (CRI&P)
Stockport (CB&Q)
Milton (CB&Q)

The following are not open due to building safety issues, but visitors have permission to walk around the building:

Winfield (CB&Q)
Donnellson (CB&Q)

We are still looking at adding more to the tour and will post those later as we get them with the open hours.  If you know of any others that would like to be a part of the tour, please let us know.  If this works, we hope to make it an annual event.

Ken Vandevoort
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62522) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_