Re: [CBQ] Rapido SW1200

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Rapido SW1200
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 12:22:37 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Pat-

Good advice…generally….

Barb had her opthamologist recommend she get cataracts fixed and noticed absolutely NO “brightening of color”.   We suspect the SOB had already paid time for use of the operating theater and needed patients to work on.

Without getting into the annual thread on color perception….blue tones are common in observing the CB&Q colors, especially gray, silver, and “imitation aluminum” white of the F units.   It comes from that thing above called the blue sky.

Charlie Vlk

Regarding color perception, there is a caution that applies to some of us who have passed from maturity to advanced maturity. At some age - my wife got hers, I think in her 50s, I got mine in the late 70s, we often get cataracts. I didn't realize how much that messes up color perception until the month in which I had one eye fixed and the other eye not yet fixed. Cataracts apparently cause colors to have a dirty yellow tint. I suppose it is one way to have automatic weathering. Blue gets a greenish tint, and white a bit yellowish or perhaps an ivory tone.. noticeably. Admittedly, the grays and blacks of Q switchers are not greatly affected.

If your Opthamologist suggests it is time to get cataracts fixed - do it, and don't put it off.

Pat Egan

Chicago