Re: [CBQ] 60' Box Cars Between Mpls/StP and Chicago

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 60' Box Cars Between Mpls/StP and Chicago
From: "Tom Mack via groups.io" <thommack=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 08:31:49 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Fred,

Thanks for all the research on this. It is very helpful. It also explains why, as I posted earlier, there are virtually no 60' box cars in my wheel report research.

An interesting side note on the appliances is that all the box cars carrying refrigerators are from 1966 Q wheel reports to Gamble Skogmo in Dubuque, IA (via Savanna, IL). It makes sense since these would have been westbound moves from the many appliance plants and all my GN and NP reports are eastbound. All of these refrigerators from the 1966 Q reports were in Santa Fe 40' box cars! I would agree that the 40' baby hi-cubes no doubt were also used, so I have some of the Tangent models.

I have some CABINEts and FURNITure on eastbound NP freights destined to SEARS via CB&Q and these were also in 40' box cars, including the beautiful Tangent NP 3000-series DD 40' box cars with 1 PD and 1 sliding door.

If I run across any other 60' box car entries I will certainly post them to the group, but at this point there doesn't seem to be much use for 60' box cars on my modeling area of the Q.

But, heh, it left me with more money to spend on Dave Lotz's beautiful Intermountain HC-1C covered hoppers, which I did need and were totally unexpected!!! (Non-paid plug for Q Connection by non-paid BRHS member spokesperson. Please see all fine print for legal statements. Views expressed herein are the exclusive views of Tom Mack and may not reflect the views of IO Groups. etc. etc. etc.) :-)

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62472) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_