Re: [CBQ] Zephyr Diner Photographs- Chicago, Illinois

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Zephyr Diner Photographs- Chicago, Illinois
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 17:36:08 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thanks Charlie for the effort. But as you state the “Burlington Diner” was a
little distance from the 14th st coach yard. I believe Dennis was asking on
behalf of my article (Working the Dinkies in  the 1970s) coming up in the FOBNR
publication(The Expeditor) as I mention the “Zephyr Diner” in the morning rush
section of the article. His Dad worked at 14th St. for decades so we are hoping
to use at least one of his photos. The printer deadline is only a couple days
away so it may run w/o a photo of the diner.

While I think your comments about reciprocal articles might have some merit the
two organizations members are interested in basically before/after March
3,1970. I suspect many members of both organizations might complain about cross
pollination.

In working with the FOBNR on this most recent article we are utilizing visuals
from a few of my former coworkers who are members of both organizations. As
usual my request for help was answered immediately and with more than can be
included !!

I happened to go through the BRHS Flicker site the other night(up way too late)
looking at Chicago photos hoping the “Zephyr Diner” might be in one. No luck.
But I did see photos of various stages of elevation work, detangling 16th st.
Etc. but no stations other than both C.U.S.’s.

A personal note to Charlie- you made some very nice comments about the
Earlville  Turn article. As a former commuter and student of Q/BN history you
will enjoy the two part dinky piece even more. As they say I guarantee it.

Leo