[CBQ] Silver Streak Nameplate At Cherry Creek Cinema 1976

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Silver Streak Nameplate At Cherry Creek Cinema 1976
From: "Stephen Levine via groups.io" <sjl_prodigynet=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:40:18 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Does anyone know if any Denver Railfan Group was involved with the placement of a Silver Streak car nameplate behind the concession stand at the Cherry Creek Cinema, along with a large photo of the Denver Zephyr approaching Chicago Union Station, while the movie Silver Streak was showing there in 1976?  I know the car itself, along with one of the DZ/TZ trainsets, had been sitting in a scrapyard by the Speer Blvd Viaduct for several years before that, with one of the sleepers having been partially cut up.

When I saw the nameplate, I was sure the car itself had finally been scrapped.  Thus I was pleasantly surprised to learn a few years ago that it was sitting in the Black Hills of South Dakota. The car is now in Austin Texas where it has been somewhat restored.

The nameplate at the movie theater suggests someone there or involved in its display was a Burlington fan.

Stephen J. Levine, MD

22491 High Ridge Lane

Tecumseh, OK  74873

Cell: (405)919-9524

Email: sjl_prodigynet@yahoo.com

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62220) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_