Re: [CBQ] Waycars and cabooses used on run-through trains

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Waycars and cabooses used on run-through trains
From: "Stephen Miller" <wabash1020@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 22:52:12 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have seen many UP cabooses on run thru in Ottumwa, Iowa in the 60s &70s. The train crews hop off and the new crews swing up on.  The usually exited the rear and the oncoming crew loaded on the front or forward end.
  I have also seen it happen on the lead engine.
They were going very slow but never stopped.  So I would image that unless the train wad taken apart in Burlington ( which I doubt) they would easy make Galesburg or beyond.

As to other cabooses. no i never saw any other road caboose.

I believe there is a picture of the getting ready to detrain between the depot and the jefferson st viaduct.
Hope this give you some insight.
Stephen Miller