Re: [CBQ] Modeling HO Passenger Car and Locomotive Diaphragms

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Modeling HO Passenger Car and Locomotive Diaphragms
From: "John Olson" <trains28@jimsjunction.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 10:33:12 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Scott,

   American Limited makes diaphragms for Budd cars. They are in the #9600 series and available in Black or Gray. I used these on my Oriental Limited TCZ cars and they work well but you need to be careful assembling them so they function freely. I use Testors #3515CT Clear Parts Cement to mount them by running a small bead of cement around the existing doorway on the car. Once you position the diaphragm on the car- hold the car body vertical for a few minutes until the glue takes hold.  It sets up quickly, dries clear, holds well and it is easy to remove the diaphragm if you have to.

 John Olson

 Billings, Mt