[CBQ] Dummies guide to XM-25/26 SS Boxcars...

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Dummies guide to XM-25/26 SS Boxcars...
From: "Jeff Ford" <sectioncar@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 21:16:08 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Howdy gang,

Quick question on the topic of USRA-style single-sheathed boxcars.  I have deduced from searching the group that the XM-25 and XM-26 cars were related in design to the ubiquitous USRA 40-foot single-sheathed boxcar.

In a nutshell how do the offerings from Accurail and Tichy compare to the Q prototype?  (I know Speedswitch produced the car in resin, but that's not really an option.) For example, how do the ends compare? How about the depth of the fishbelly? Doors? Are there any glaring differences? So on.

This class of car is likely the best preserved example of FW&D freight equipment.  Passively preserved, as there are countless numbers of these in various stages of decay scattered across the Rolling Plains of Texas. It's safe to say they hauled lots of baled cotton and participated in many a grain rush over the years.  On that point, I'd be curious to know how late they ran in respectable numbers.

Thanks,
-Jeff Ford
Sanger, Texas
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62177) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_