Re: [CBQ] New Tangent models - wow!

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New Tangent models - wow!
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 13:25:37 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1469125550; bh=jSP+mJi5fNMtq9g3fmHimFl9zwIFCovkpJIWuLkwlY8=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=pSXHQ6H1/HpWII+mUY7JzwqkqQXtmyf1BR/MyC8xvcO2z7F60onGTYJ24y4VgZDT3tGdu1sZJAa1GzVqG0ifLhgXFnSB7TEmHI+s3aP0nEBBfh35OiX4sBbvobd35eXjKJq1LWUGQmVp/cz45hGpl1to0akvkEepCfUubj/SuYY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Gerald,

In reference to your comment on two and three dome tanks. Take it from someone who spent
21 years at the "tank". Generally,not always, multi dome tanks ( I know of some five dormers)were used in retail fuel distribution.
As originally designed these cars could be loaded with various grades of gasoline or even mixed
Loads of gas and oil. These went out from the refineries to the hundreds of small retail distributors
That used to be found all over America. I'd wager that the cars you saw going North were from
The refineries in North West Indiana,Lemont,Lockport and Joliet,Illinois.
As the small retail distributors faded away a few of the cars were able to be utilized in small lot chemical
Service. They would load each compartment with the same product. But not often as an unloader would prefer one hook up than several to unload a car. Generally the multi compartment cars were
6,000-8,000 gallon cars. The largest I recall was 10,000.
Many,many of the multi dome tanks sat stored for years and/or were scrapped early.

Today a multi nozzle(there are no longer domes) tank is desired by a very small number of shippers.
And they pay a very high premium to have two compartment cars built.

Leo Phillipp