Re: [CBQ] Slide and Negative Scanners

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Slide and Negative Scanners
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 10:56:21 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Dale,

I also have a Plustek 7600i and agree with your negative objections, but the
end results for me are excellent and the price was reasonable. The problem that
you describe about the Plustek is also a problem with the Nikon Coolscan
machines. I don’t think they can take slides other than 2 x 2 mounts and I
don’t know if they can adjust to accommodate wider frame format 2 x 2 slides
such as 127 and 828. As I said in an earlier post, there doesn’t seem to be
good solution that satisfies all requirements. Another problem to consider is
where do you safely store all of the scans. I use two high capacity external
hard drives. I don’t really want my photos stored on the web and, that is
getting more expensive, too.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO