Re: [CBQ] GP30 fans

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GP30 fans
From: "Michael Woodruff" <mwoodruff54@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 21:36:01 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Chris:

Not sure whose drawings they were looking at when the tooling for the P2K GP30s was produced, but just as info, MILW, SOO and GM&O all had GP30s with the six long/two short handrail stanchion configuration.  Perhaps not coincidentally, these units were all delivered on Alco trade-in trucks, which reportedly required a different traction motor blower duct arrangement.

Here is SOO 713:

msw
wa

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 8:53 PM popbumper1 <popbumper1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Jim:

  Thank you so much for a very thorough assessment of shortcomings; this is quite helpful!

  I was aware of Cannon 48" fans no longer being available, but the Plano grilles will be very helpful. Incidentally, regarding the handrails, I also noticed on the fireman's side that there should be two short/SEVEN long stanchions, and their factory plastic rails are two short/SIX long! Interesting...

  Thanks again, and also for the photo/detail on the Bulletin!

Chris Munson

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62769) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_