Re: [CBQ] Re: Questions: Rosco CalColor 4330 Cyan 30 Film as Window Tint

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Questions: Rosco CalColor 4330 Cyan 30 Film as Window Tint
From: "Jim's Junction trains28@bresnan.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 09:21:47 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1467213711; bh=XerK5200y2W8q2nXJ6/PcTnEQ/G4h+2G8DBn6oVYNUY=; h=In-Reply-To:References:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=z75vUFp4h6cXyzwt9wye7K96L4whs4zzdGArPjZyVwnadlhMNoxXf/0gzFG7l14ionUtGsSgO1vc3obeanaUWm8CRdejYBxiaYmEcPOfkb1VQ2XMupIjedrsvWQwOfK337mIcJLLakrvkdUdA3oegfiwOK8xunRV5YoGMC50v3M=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bill,

    The Testors Clear Parts Cement #3515 is like an Elmers type glue and will glue anything to anything (except maybe fabric or leather). It was developed primarily for gluing clear plastic canopies to model aircraft since it dries clear. I found that the medium tack it offers, and the fact that it takes about a minute for it to start setting, allows time to adjust the parts you are gluing.  I also use it to attach Diaphragms to my passenger cars and haven't had one fall off yet! My Oriental TCZ cars are plated brass and I also use it on plastic cars.

   John Olson
   Billings, Mt

On Jun 28, 2016, at 10:21 PM, cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net [CBQ] wrote:

Hi Jim:

Thanks for the response !!!  I will certainly borrow your techniques in my O-gauge window tinting project.

Does Testers Clear Parts Cement #3515 work well with aluminum car bodies ?  Are the car bodies of your Oriental Limited TCZ cars made of plastic, brass, aluminum, or another material ?

Thanks again for your responses !!!

Bill H

Posted by: Jim's Junction <trains28@bresnan.net>