Re: [CBQ] Silk Trains

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Silk Trains
From: "Nolen Null via groups.io" <NNull=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 04:41:21 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I remember sitting in the Burlington IA station about 1965-65 and seeing an E-5A unit pulling 7 express reefers eastbound with a banner on the 1st car proclaiming "FRESH CALIFORNIA STRAWBERRIES"!   I wonder what his speed limit was once he got across the Mississippi river bridge?  Only time I ever saw and E-5 in service.

Nolen Null