[CBQ] Update on the 2023 RPM Conference (Naperville)

To: "main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io" <main@baltimoreandohiorailroadlist.groups.io>, "cbq@groups.io" <cbq@groups.io>, "CRRlist@groups.io" <crrlist@groups.io>, "hindsight2020@groups.io" <hindsight2020@groups.io>, Illinoiscentralmodel <illinoiscentralmodel@groups.io>, "milwmodelers@groups.io" <milwmodelers@groups.io>, Milw Road <milw@groups.io>, "MSTL@groups.io" <mstl@groups.io>, "modeling@prr.groups.io" <modeling@prr.groups.io>, "prr@prr.groups.io" <prr@prr.groups.io>, "plasticfreightcarbuiilders@plasticfreightcarbuiilders.groups.io" <plasticfreightcarbuiilders@plasticfreightcarbuiilders.groups.io>, "nyc-railroad@groups.io" <nyc-railroad@groups.io>, "rockislandlines@groups.io" <rockislandlines@groups.io>, "seaboardcoastlinemodeler@groups.io" <seaboardcoastlinemodeler@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Update on the 2023 RPM Conference (Naperville)
From: "golden1014 via groups.io" <golden1014=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:32:44 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Friends,

Here’s an update on the upcoming the RPM Conference, which will be held on Friday, 27 October and Saturday, 28 October, 2023 at the beautiful Northern Illinois University Conference Center on the NIU campus in suburban Naperville, Illinois (1120 E. Diehl Road, Suite 150, Naperville, IL 60563).

The center is booked and the event is on!  The NIU center will open at 8:00 a.m. on both days.  Events run from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Friday and 9:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.

Clinics
The 2023 RPM Conference returns to Martin Loftin’s original vision, with four clinic tracks running morning into the early evening available for meeting, learning and discussion.  If you’re interested in presenting a clinic, contact Steve Hile at shile@mindspring.com for more information.  There are still a few slots available.

Model Display
Models are our inspiration!  Bring your models for display and discussion.  We have two large rooms available for your models.  All scales, eras, gauges and sizes are welcome.  There are no contests.  Bring your best and latest work to explain, teach and inspire your fellow modelers.  The Resinators will meet on Friday evening, so bring your resin for show-and-tell.  Of course there is no fee for displaying models.

Layouts
The RPM Conference will host at least two large, highly-prototypical layouts in house, one in HO and one in N, and we’re working on adding a few more.  In addition, Bill Darnaby’s HO scale Maumee Route layout will be open for tour, and Ted Schnepf’s O scale Milwaukee Road layout will be open for an operating session.  More details on the home layout tours/ops sessions will be published on the website soon.

Vendors
A few of the vendors lined up so far include Rapido, Oak Hill Model Railroad Track Supply, Mainline Photos, Bob’s Photos, Rocket Express, Resin Car Works, Funaro & Camerlengo, the CB&Q Historical Society, and more coming in every day.  At least one new model is scheduled for release at the event.  If you’re interested in joining us as a vendor, contact John Golden at Golden1014@yahoo.com and I’ll mark you up.

The RPM Conference Social
Stay at the NIU Center for our Friday evening social.  Meet and greet old friends, fellow modelers, vendors and manufacturers.  Enjoy time at the model display and looking over the layouts and buying from our exclusive vendors.  Open beer and wine bar, heavy hors d‘oeuvers and snacks, all you can eat and enjoy for $42.00.  You’ll be able to register for the social on the website soon.

Hotels
We’re still working on hotel options.  The nearby Naperville Embassy Suites is beautiful with room rates running around $200 for single or double occupancy with free breakfast and heavy evening heavy hors d‘oeuvers.  The Naperville Fairfield Inn is nearby with rates starting at $123 per night with free breakfast.  The Hilton Garden Inn is also available at around $120 per night.  We’ll follow up with options soon.

Registration
Advance Registration will be open online soon.  Advance Registration is $50.00.  Registration at the door for both Friday and Saturday is $60.00. Saturday-only Registration is $35.00.  We’re pleased to cut the traditional price of Naperville RPM by over half this year.  In the finest Naperville RPM tradition, a gift/mini-kit from Resin Car Works is included free for the first 100 registered guests.

If you have any questions please contact me at Golden1014@yahoo.com, or text to 618-671-8659.  We’re looking forward to seeing you in Naperville!

Signed,

The RPM Conference Team
Frank Hodina
Mike Skibbe
Steve Hile
Eric Hansmann
John Golden

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#65486) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_