[CBQ] 2330 Series RPO Car

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] 2330 Series RPO Car
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 16:07:12 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I recently acquired a O scale Weaver six window 60 foot RPO car which is a close match to the Q’s cars numbered in the 2300 series. The model was manufactured with 4 wheel trucks. The O’s cars, like most of their RPOs, had six wheel trucks. I purchased a set of six wheel trucks from Sunset 3rd Rail. (very easy order process and very quick delivery). The carbody bolster will need to be modified to mount the new trucks, The underframe needs to be turned end for end as the large box mounted under the carbody should be should be located on the side with the windows to the left. This will require some rewiring of the lights. As built, the Weaver car has the mail hook or catch arm located at the door at the opposite end from the windows. Photos of Q cars, show the mail hook at the door closest to the windows. Fortunately, the mail hook and cross bar at he opposite door are only pressed in place and can easily be removed. My question is was the mail hook removable and reversible depending direction of travel? It would seem that that would necessarily be the case. Photos show the open end of the mail hook facing either direction. Attached is a photo of the car that I am modeling.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#65272) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_