Re: [CBQ] FW: [BRHSlist] One Hundred Ghosts. new book

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] FW: [BRHSlist] One Hundred Ghosts. new book
From: "Don Winn" <donswinn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 12:12:42 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thanks for the tip.   I placed an order for one.
Don Winn

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 9:58 AM Dave Lotz <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Hello All;

My copy of this new book by Blaine Hadfield arrived today, and it's pretty and pretty impressive.  If you have any interest in the topic of grain movement in the old days, buy it, you likely won't be disappointed by the photos and text.  The photos are all modern era, yet convey a wealth of information; the text covers some of the more obscure or high level information, like grain as a worldwide industry and how it affected the local elevator.  This volume (see below) focuses mainly on the NP, MILW, C&NW and CB&Q and successor roads in the areas of Montana and the Dakotas.  It's not a pure dry history, there are lots of introspective bits and some very artful photos.

The book is sub-titled Volume One, but with the long lead time this one took took, I wonder how long it will be before Volume Two would hit?

Jeff Saxton