Re: [CBQ] [BRHSlist] Model Layout Video by Darren Ferreter on the BRHS w

To: "tczephyr@hotmail.com" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>, "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>, "BRHSlist@groups.io" <BRHSlist@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] [BRHSlist] Model Layout Video by Darren Ferreter on the BRHS web site
From: "D F via groups.io" <GEU30CG=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 16:44:08 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Hello Ray,

First off, thank you for the kind comments.  The layout footprint was a collaboration with fellow BRHS friend and neighbor Richard Schultz.  My full time job is layout design and construction and thus far I have erected and built 100% of what you have seen.  The 6 Irwin brand clamps I own have helped me build literally hundreds of linear feet of benchwork for my many customers.  www.modelrailroaddreams.com

There are a few kitbashed or scratch built structures that Schultz wanted to build.  How can I say no to that??

I want to respectfully not turn this into a commercial, but I do have a YouTube channel that shows some of the current projects I am working on across the US including a decent sized layout north of Anchorage, Alaska.

For those who have watched the layout video, there are two obvious errors I made that I wanted to provide a correction.  First one is that the Mendota Union Station served the Burlington on one side and the Illinois Central on the other.  The Milwaukee had their own station just down the street.  The second error was when I was talking about the New York Central interchange at Zearing and stated that it was the most EASTERN point of the NYC.  Well, obviously it was the most WESTERN point.  Sightly further west than the Streator connection with the Santa Fe.

If any BRHS people are traveling across Iowa on I-80 near Iowa City, I am about 20ish minutes north of Iowa City.  You are welcome to visit with a little notice.  I travel for work about 3 weeks a month...

Thanks for the note.

Darren Ferreter
Ely, Iowa