Re: [CBQ] Ft Crook Article in the Latest Bulletin

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Ft Crook Article in the Latest Bulletin
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 02:15:40 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thank you Ricky!

From: CBQ@groups.io <CBQ@groups.io> on behalf of Rick Keil <rkeil6721@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 12:37:25 PM
To: CBQ <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Ft Crook Article in the Latest Bulletin

First, I want to thank the society for yet another fantastic bulletin.  I was particularly interested in the portion on Ft Crook as I was stationed at Offutt AFB (formerly Ft Crook) for a large part of my military career.  What made the information so special is that I worked much of my time at Offutt in Building D otherwise known as the Martin Bomber Building.  I remember seeing both tracks and a signal inside the building into the early 2000's.

The article also noted some of the construction including the use of wooden bricks on the floor.  My understanding is that they prevent static build up and delicate parts that fell would not be damaged like falling on concrete.  I have one of the bricks as it was a traditional going away gift for people that worked in the building.

Ricky Keil
St Louis, MO
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#64585) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_