[CBQ] Q Locomotive Bell Cord ?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Q Locomotive Bell Cord ?
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 18:59:17 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I am fortunate to own a Q locomotive bell I purchased from my great Aunt/Uncles
estate. Uncle Bill was the guy who went swimming in Lake Michigan on his
suburban train layover in Chicago each day. Yes, he would chop through the ice
in January to go for his daily swim. It’s well documented in the Chicago papers
of the day.

He pestered the Q management person handling company scrap material every day
on his inbound dinky until the guy literally handed him the bell on the
platform one morning. That’s per statement from Bill to me and I assure you
Bill couldn’t tell an untrue tale, a lie ,etc if his life depended on it.
I’ve owned the bell for many years and am wanting to apply the correct Q bell
cord to it. It’s a smaller bell so I think it came off the last of the Q yard
switchers going to scrap in the early 50’s. Yes, it’s been identified as a Q
bell by an expert.
Does anyone have a standards book that states the diameter of Q loco. Bell cord
 ?

Yes,sure I’ll post a picture once the bell has been restored to its rightful
sheen and mounted alongside the patio.

Thanks,
Leo Phillipp