[CBQ] Gear Repair to Samhongsa Passenger Engines

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Gear Repair to Samhongsa Passenger Engines
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 14:11:13 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have a repair issue that I would like comments on.  I have a number of HO gauge Oriental Limited E-Units that are early 1980's vintage, all of which have cracked worm gears.  This is NOT the worm that is attached to the motor shaft, but the next gear (in the gear box above the truck housing.  It is a worm gear white in color, 22 teeth, about 12.7 mm OD, and face width of about 2.25 mm (0.09").  It is pressed onto a smaller, bronze colored, spur gear, also with 22 teeth.  The center bore of the white gear, and corresponding shaft of the bronze gear on which it is pressed onto, is about 5.6 mm.  Only the white gear is cracked.  The bronze gear appears okay.

I have searched NWSL (Northwest Short Line) and Ebay, and can find no replacement gears that match the above dimensions.  Is there anyone on the list that has had the same issue with these types of gears, and if so, were you able to find a replacement.  And if not, is there some other alternative.

Glen Haug
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#64055) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_