[CBQ] Query from North Bank Lines

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Query from North Bank Lines
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 07:54:47 -0400
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

I know there are GN fans among us so I wanted to pass the note I received from Ed at North Bank Lines:

While preparing the data for Great Northern business car A22 a question arises.  I'm currently planning to produce GN A22 in its original configuration with a wood body circa 1905-1925 as shown in the photos I've distributed.  This period seems to represent the high point of the car's history with regard to Louis Hill.

However, in 1925 the car received steel sheathing and it continued in service as a business car until 1950, two years after Mr. Hill’s death.  Then it was converted to MofW service as GN 03132.  It remained in MofW service until 1972 so in that capacity, it overlaps the Burlington Northern era.  Aside from the steel sheathing, there is very little difference with the car I’m currently planning so the alternate versions might be possibilities depending on the level of interest.

My question is would there be enough interest to warrant adding the steel-sheathed version of A22?  If there is enough interest in the steel-sheathed version then I might also add a very small number of the MofW version?  If these two versions are added the steel sheathed GN A22 would be version 6b and MofW car 03132 would be version 6c.

Please let me know your thoughts and/or interest.  The data for all the other business cars in this project is already at Boo-Rim Precision and I want to get the data for GN A22 sent soon so this project can proceed to production.

I you would be interested in this version please let me know and I’ll relay the information to Ed.

Dave Lotz

Q Connection

Dave@QConnection.biz

Avast logo

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63879) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_