Re: [CBQ] Deadwood SD DSW1 question

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Deadwood SD DSW1 question
From: "Andy" <aroth12@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 15:17:10 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Hello Winton,
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences working on the Deadwood switch job.  I am curious about what your work day consisted of.  I know you switched and spotted coal cars to be unloaded at the power plant.   What other customers did you switch and how often did you switch them during a typical week?  Other than steel balls to crush the ore, what else did you deliver or take out of the mine?  Did you have consistent carloads to the freight house?

Also, any information you can share about the wayfreight would also be greatly appreciated.  How many cars and what types of cars did it have in its consist when you worked there?  Did you work on the wayfeight?

I found a photo online of the Deadwood engine house online.

https://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=526422

I also found a photo of the wayfreight at Custer with three SD-9s.  Was this the typical motive power for the wayfreight?

https://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?city=Custer&country=South%20Dakota,%20USA

I have only been to the area once 18 years ago and we stayed in Deadwood.  The railroad activity that used to be there has always interested me.  Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Andy
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63865) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_