[CBQ] Center of the street wig-wags in Chariton, IA

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Center of the street wig-wags in Chariton, IA
From: "Jerold Crawford" <jeroldincitruspark@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 09:14:29 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I am restoring a Railroad Supply Company center of the street wig-wag signal to match the signals that were  where the CB&Q crossed the streets west of the square in Chariton, IA.  I believe the streets with this type of signal was Braden and Linden Street.  There were wigwag signals that sat in a pole in the center of the street.  mounted to the pole in the center of the street was a light on either side that was so traffic could see there was a pole there.  They were different than the ones that are on a pole on the side of the road that hung over the street like on S 8th Street and the crossing immediately north of Braden Street  (the crossing is now closed).  I believe these crossings were changed over to more modern signals in the 1970's.  What I was looking for was information from someone that remembers these signals and whether they had bells on them and where these bells were located on the signal.  I would love to have a copy of any pictures anyone may have of these signals.  I contacted the Lucas County Historical Society. but I never heard a response back from them.  Would appreciate any help,  Thanks
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63838) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_