Re: [CBQ] Switch Stand Placement

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Switch Stand Placement
From: "jpslhedgpeth via groups.io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 16:01:28 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thanks for the reminder, Mike,   I had forgotten about  the "foot Pedal lock"  I first encountered these "devices" on the Lincoln-Ravenna line when I was a brakeman on the Lincoln Division Summer 1956.   IIRC the "presence" of these things was indicated by a yellow  "stripe" around the base of the switch stand.

If you forgot about these locks and were in a hurry to get the switch  lined you could be treated to an "almost instant"  hernia.   Didn't take long for your "memory jogger" to kick in.

Pete

PS seems like that on some of the "pedals"  all you had to do is to step on it with your foot and it would release....Also it seems like I want to remember that some of the pedals had a padlock on them which you had to unlock with your switch key and remove before you could get the lock to release the point rail.