Re: [CBQ] Film title wanted

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Film title wanted
From: "Michael Woodruff" <mwoodruff54@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 13:55:17 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 1:14 PM Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net> wrote:

Rupert;

    I'm fairly certain you are referring to a rather memorable scene depicting the homecoming of a deceased Hispanic-American soldier from the 1956 movie "Giant".  The movie starred James Dean, Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor among others.  As you mention, the flag-draped coffin is left on a baggage cart trackside in what appears "in the middle of nowhere".  An honor guard wheels it away and accompanies it to a small cemetery where a service is held.  The movie was set in the Texas plains and tells the story of a wealthy rancher and his relationships over several years. It plays with some regularity on TCM here in the U.S. and I just watched it again recently. Unfortunately, it has no Burlington Route ties that I'm aware of, though the scene with the train would no doubt interest all of us.

Kind regards,

Rob Adams

Wellman, IA