Re: [CBQ] The Burlington Route in La Salle county presentation is this S

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] The Burlington Route in La Salle county presentation is this Saturday 4/30
From: "Tom Whitt" <twhitt86@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 07:10:42 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Please allow me to discuss a BRHS matter in this group.  I will copy the same information to the BRHS List.
The Board of Directors have discussed several times the feasibility of video and audio recordings of the presentations that do not occur during our Meets.
It is not that we are opposed to the concept if done correctly, but the taxation on our existing staff to have to do more.  In simple terms, the lack of volunteers with knowledge of filming, editing and publishing to consistently provide the time to accomplish the task.  We have approached quite a few individuals, regarding this matter and others, for assistance in accomplishing additionally needed tasks and are always met with a lack of commitment or just a simple refusal.

There are many great ideas that are proposed to the Board and the Officers which we have to evaluate for efficiency and feasibility, and then make sometimes difficult decisions of which ones are realistic, in other words attainable.  The Board and Officers as well as a handful of volunteers provide the life blood of keeping the Society moving forward at a great expense to time and family.  Unfortunately there comes a point where we are unable to, with good conscience, take on additional tasks that are above the ones currently in place.  The biggest example is the change to three Bulletins annually, and to make that happen we changed the Zephyr to an electronic format so that the budget balances without raising dues and more importantly increase the work load on existing schedules.  Remembering that we are all volunteers, and changes in employment and other responsibilities like family, impact how much we can accomplish on a established time line, i.e.: late Bulletins and Zephyrs.

We welcome volunteers to come forward to assist the Society, but remember that once an idea becomes a commitment, someone has to stay in the saddle to see it through.  I hope that this sheds some light on the behind the scenes efforts of many, the response is not meant to be rude or disrespectful, "just the facts ma'am, just the facts".

Tom Whitt
President, BRHS
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63664) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_