Re: [CBQ] CB&Q 36' Livestock Car Kit

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q 36' Livestock Car Kit
From: "Bob Chaparro via groups.io" <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:53:01 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

I received a few comments about this kit. Please understand that I’m not trashing this kit.

It does fill a need.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

++++

  1. Comparing several photos of CB&Q SM-16 stock cars to this kit, and while it would be acceptable to many modelers, it has a few issues. The main issue is that there is no dover door on the B end.
  2. Improvements might be made to the spaces between slats on the reporting marks and herald boards, the flimsy brake staff foot, and incorrect Z-bar plate on the bottom of the side over the bolsters.
  3. The kit is advertised as a double deck car, but not all SM-16 cars were double deck. Does the kit allow the modeler to build either single or double deck cars?  A “D” was added to the road number for double deck cars. Do decals support that feature?
  4. More photos would be helpful in determining prototype accuracy of the underframe. 3D printed parts tend to be overly thick, but it's hard to tell without more photos.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63387) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_