Re: [CBQ] Cicero FREIGHT HOUSE EIGHT

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Cicero FREIGHT HOUSE EIGHT
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 08:24:24 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Yes freight house eight is relatively new, built 1957-58. This complex was the
last active Burlington operated LCL Chicago operation. It replaced houses 1 and
2 close to Union Station.
Some Other “Q” Chicago freight houses continued operating into the 1970s but
under third party freight forwarder companies.

I hope to sit down this year and begin writing the BRHS Bulletin article “The
Q’s LCL Operations”.

Leo Phillipp