Re: [CBQ] Twin City Zephyr Speed Limits

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Twin City Zephyr Speed Limits
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 17:47:40 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

The Boyer Speed Recorder was manufactured by the Chicago Pneumatic Tool Company but that is after 1901.  Before then the Boyer was possibly made by Boyer in St. Louis but this would require further research.

The device was in use as I mentioned in the West Burlington Brake Trials in 1886.

I imagine that the device was in use on the railroad long before the 1907 article.  A picture of one that is in the Smithsonian is attached along with one in a case.

Charlie Vlk