[CBQ] New Book - Passenger Trains of Texas - Burlington Route

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] New Book - Passenger Trains of Texas - Burlington Route
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 10:57:11 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I just received my copy of a new book that should be of interest to many of you on this list. It is titled: Passenger Trains of Texas  Burlington Route and is written by Steve Allen Goen and published by Texas Zephyr Publishing. It is very well done and includes many excellent photos, a number of which I have never seen before (and with my association with the BRHS Flickr site, I’ve seen a lot of Q related photos!). There is a great deal of historic information about FW&D passenger service from its early beginnings to its final operation. I believe the book is self published and is very high quality. It is priced typically for books of this type at about $70.00. The publisher’s website is https://texaszephyrpublishing.com/ols/categories/book. The book is also available through several on line book stores. The author has done a number of other books about railroads in Texas, including FW&D. Other than as a customer, I have no connection with Mr. Goen or the publisher. I found the book to be very informative about a portion of the Q’s operation on the FW&D, about which I have very limited knowledge.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62862) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_