[CBQ] St. Louis MP/Burlington Route Convention

To: "cbq@groups.io" <cbq@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] St. Louis MP/Burlington Route Convention
From: "Lawrence Thomas" <thomasl555@att.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 14:41:28 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have been to many railroad historical society conventions in the last 30
years, and the St. Louis Joint Meeting with the MP/CB&Q was certainly one
of the best. The swap meet was extremely successful for our organization -
completely selling out of the Zephyr Rocket issue and the near sell out
of the "Fifty Famous Interlocking Towers in St. Louis" issue. The dinner
was great with both chicken and beef cooked to perfection (no blood in the
beef), and the best cheesecake ever - better than the Palmer House Hotel in
Chicago. The featured speaker was Nick Fry from the St. Louis Mercantile
Library who presented a comparison of the Colorado Eagle/Denver Zephyr
operations and financials. The excursion over the TRRA via the MacArthur
Bridge was an event for the rare mileage hounds as the special train skirted
the TRRA CP Jct. location - something that even the R&LHS excursion did not do
several years ago.  the TRRA H&TS donated the one remaining Zephyr Rocket
issue along with the 20 year old Missouri Pacific Pullman issue as a silent
raffle item, but I did not see who selected the package.

The grand door prize was the California Zephyr Broadway Limited set won
by the TRRA H&TS Vice President. A great job and thank
you to all who worked at this. Pat yourself on the back.

Larry Thomas
TRRA Historical Society
St Louis
thomasL555@att.net

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62695) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_