Re: [CBQ] Zephyr Diner Photographs- Chicago, Illinois

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Zephyr Diner Photographs- Chicago, Illinois
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:40:27 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Dennis-
I thought I had a photo (will still look for it) but here is what I have.
The Burlington Diner was on Halstead Street but might be mentioned in the
article anyway.
The other is from DesPlaines and I think it doesn't have anything to do with
the Canal Street Zephyr Diner.
Consider also publishing in the Burlington Bulletin....the article belongs
in both and it is a pain to have to order up a publication that you
otherwise have no interest in just to get one article.   Noticed that with
the upcoming Leo Phillip article on working the Dinkies....
There should be a reciprocal arrangement between the societies for such
overlaps...
Thanks,
Charlie

I am still looking for early material on in-city CB&Q depots and facilities
for "Mileposts to Chicago"...a history of Aurora Branch to CB&Q
Aurora-Chicago service.   In-city suburban stops and photos of pre-and track
elevation are scarcer than hens teeth....