Re: [CBQ] Taconite pellets

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Taconite pellets
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 09:19:37 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
My memory of taconite pellets is much darker than what’s being expressed by others.
I worked on too many pellet trains. It was a rare run between Savanna and Cicero that we didn’t have broken knuckles, drawbars pulled out or a hot box.
The train crew didn’t move the train w/o making sure there were extra knuckles and a chain or cable on board.
I recall too clearly riding the C& I when there was an ore car setting on a back track at nearly every station.

I would shake the hand of the engineer when we arrived at Cicero on a trip w/o setting something out in route.

Leo Phillipp