Re: [CBQ] Working the Dinkies in the 1970s

To: CBQ <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Working the Dinkies in the 1970s
From: "Doug Hartman" <douglas.p.hartman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:18:43 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Looking forward to it! Hope you covered the Board workers who probably made more there on their off time than they did working the trains :) Doug

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021, 5:42 PM Leo Phillipp via groups.io <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Simply as a service to BRHS members and those interested in the Q. The Friends of the BN organizations October publication will have the first part of my two part article entitled “Working the Dinkies in the 1970s”. It’s 10 pages of insight into a trainman’s day and life at that time. The article focuses on a trainmans day, duties, etc rather than equipment. You’ll meet a number of “characters”. There’s even a picture of 3 Q passenger uniform hats. Also there’s a picture of a dinky being backed into 14th st “B” yard with a baggage car in the consist. Two of the three cars are in Q paint as well as the loco.

If your not a member of FOBNR you can order a copy from their website, but I’m pretty sure not until it’s distributed. I’ve suggested they run extra copies as BN vets have already begun asking how to get a copy.

Part two will be in the January issue.

Leo Phillipp

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62419) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_