[CBQ] "Q" Locomotive Cranes....

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] "Q" Locomotive Cranes....
From: "Texican65 via groups.io" <reddouthitt=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:26:30 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Hi guys,

My name is Dow Douthitt. I am a new member. I'm currently a switchman/conductor out of Seattle for BNSF. I work the east run over Steven's Pass to Wenatchee and back.

In addition to that, I'm a bit of a crane buff, my main interest. I spent a lot of time around the old "Q" 250 ton wrecking derrick at Balmer Yard over the years, and was there when they cut her up...a sad day. She was the CB&Q 204375, out of Lincoln for many years. Steam powered up until the 1980's I believe. She was one of the las derricks, now they are all gone from the BNSF.

Anyways...is there a listing of "Q" owned Browning Locomotive Cranes anywhere? An acquaintance of mine is in charge of a 1920 Browning Loco crane, that was used at the shops in Havelock. The "Q" sold it to Hughes Bros. in Seward and it was used into the 1970's before finally being donated and moved to Camp Creek Threshers in Waverly, NE, where it is to-day. He doesn't know the original number for it, and it would also be nice to see some original photos of it being used around the shops.

I have the BB no. 18, and unfortunately, it doesn't list Browning Locomotive Cranes.

Any information would be great. Thanks guys,

Dow D.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62394) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_