Re: [CBQ] Modeling HO Passenger Car and Locomotive Diaphragms

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Modeling HO Passenger Car and Locomotive Diaphragms
From: "Michael Woodruff" <mwoodruff54@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 11:40:36 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 9:08 AM scott myers <myers.scottv@gmail.com> wrote:
What do other modelers use for modeling diaphragms on HO scale brass passenger cars?  I have one brass heavyweight car and a set of Oriental Limited TCZ streamlined cars that I would like to add diaphragms to.  In his book, The Model Railroader's Guide to Passenger Equipment & Operation, Andy Sperandeo suggests the use of the old 933-429 Walthers paper and vinyl diaphragms, (which I believe have since been replaced by 933-977 rubber diaphragms) but he doesn't indicate if he used these only on plastic cars or brass as well, and how he attached them to the cars.

Along the same lines, what have you used for the diaphragm on brass E units?  I have used the American Limited diaphragms on plastic F units.  Perhaps they are also the best option for the brass E units as well.

For both the brass passenger cars and locomotives, how have you attached the diaphragms to the body?

Scott Myers

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62184) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_