[CBQ] Sawmill Boiler House

To: 4L@groups.io, CBQ@groups.io, MILW@groups.io, IlliniRail@groups.io, wisrail@groups.io, SooLineHistory@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Sawmill Boiler House
From: "jack winegar" <mrsafe@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 10:41:08 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have finished a Plan-Set and Booklet to build a very unique model. I originally thought all I had to do was to design a rectangle box with doors and windows.
The VCLCo modified their Boiler House over the years which gives the modeler options to make their model very unique which include:
A Gabled Roof addition over the Stair Landing.
A Shed Roof over Stairs.
A second Chimney.
Steam Whistle is gone.
The vertical Steam Exhaust was moved.
A small Window in lower left corner on front of Boiler House was added.
It seems brick walls may have been painted white at some point in time.
The VCLCo seems to have added wooden bracing to the West wall to prevent it from bowing.

Therefor, comparing photos, choose the details you wish to model is quite acceptable. Making your model unique.

The Booklet includes:
Information on typical Sawmill Boiler Houses including interior equipment.
Detailed steps to build stairs with a landing.
Scratch building details to build prototypical Boiler House windows. An option is to purchase commercial available specified windows.
Weathering and painting details for a Boiler House.
Conversion to convert 1:24 scale drawings to other popular scales.
Photos of the VCLCo Boiler House.

The Plan-Set drawings include:
Drawings are in color for easy identification of parts.
3-D color renderings of a finished model.
A Material List of details that can be used to build a unique model.
Details drawn full scale to be used as templates in building the Boiler House.
Hot Pond piping.
Full scale developed drawings for Chimney Storm Collars.

If anyone would like a copy of the Booklet and Plan-Set eMailed free in .pdf format let me know.
Stay Safe.

Jack Winegar
mrsafe@comcast.net
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61943) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_