[CBQ] branch service

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] branch service
From: "Kirby Lambert" <kirby@prospectortech.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 13:02:25 -0600
Cc: Kirby Lambert <kirby@prospectortech.com>
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Members of the group have been very gracious in answering my questions about the old St. Francis branch. Unfortunately the more I learn the more I find that I do not know. I presume that the branch was always a mixed service.

In the days before the automobile became common what was the provision for passengers and when was the last regular passenger service.

On A branch line like the St. Francis, would the same crew do the whole round trip or would they change crews in St. Francis?

What equipment would change out in St. Francis?

Would they run bigger engines during harvest or a second train to haul the extra grain cars?

Since St. Francis had an engine shop does that mean that engines were serviced there before they went back east?

Would the branch have had an RPO and REA or some combination of those cars?

I believe the Friday east bound guaranteed connections with the east bound main weekend stock trains to Omaha and Kansas City and would have accommodations for stockmen traveling with their stock.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61576) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_