Re: [CBQ] Hinckley, IL Depot

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Hinckley, IL Depot
From: "Don Winn" <donswinn@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 13:32:28 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Great!  This is great detail, and I finally have a paint color!

Thanks, Bill

Don Winn

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 1:01 PM Bill Schultz via groups.io <jwschultz9=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hinkley was a conditional stop for the Black Hawk, the last passengers trains to serve the town (westbound, to discharge revenue passengers from Chicago; eastbound, to receive revenue passengers for Chicago when notified at Rochelle).  The service outlasted the Q, ending on April 13, 1970 with the final eastbound Black Hawk.  Conditional stops at Hinkley and Shabbona was added to the Black Hawk's schedules following the July 18, 1959 discontinuance of daily-except-Sunday Chicago-Savanna locals Nos. 45 and 52.  The Aurora-Rochelle portion of motor trains 41-42 was discontinued April 25, 1948, with the Rochelle-Rockford segment discontinued June 13, 1949.

As on December 1970, the Hinkley depot was (still) attired in indian red and bronze green.

Bill Schultz